We are happy to announce the availability of LimitLogin v1.0, an
application that adds the ability to limit concurrent interactive user
logons in an Active Directory domain. It can also keep track of all
logins information in Active Directory domains (without necessarily
enforcing logons quotas).
The challenge of limiting concurrent logons in a distributed
environment is huge, and although LimitLogin is not a "bullet proof"
solution to all the aspects of this challenge, many customers might
still find this tool helpful, as this capability has been highly
requested by different customers (banks, ISPs, libraries etc) in
numerous RFPs etc.
LimitLogin capabilities include:
- Limiting the number of logins per user from any machine in the
domain, including Terminal Server sessions.
- Displaying the logins information of any user in the domain
according to a specific criterion (e.g. all the logged-on sessions to
a specific client machine or Domain Controller, or all the machines a
certain user is currently logged on to).
- Easy management and configuration by integrating to the Active
Directory MMC snap-ins.
- Ability to delete and log off user session remotely straight from
the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
- Generating Login information reports in CSV (Excel) and XML formats.
Please keep in mind that this tool is Not Supported (similar to a
resource kit or support tool).
The public download location is http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/d/0/fd05def7-68a1-4f71-8546-25c359cc0842/limitlogin.exe